I recently discovered my cholesterol levels are high, and apparently I am unfit and unhealthy. I am at high risk for heart disease, and this leads to heart attack at a young age (if my family history is any indicator). To top it off I have a heart issue, the cause is unknown at this time (it may be anxiety, we will see). Though my cholesterol levels are not at the dangerous point as of yet, with my family history I should be concerned. So here is my quest to better health. I go for a follow up on July, lets see if diet and exercise can make a difference. Week one has begun, I will be tracking my results for anyone who is interested. First step change my eating habits, and try to walk/jog/run 15 miles a week.
I always thought I ate rather healthy, until I started tracking my eating habits. Turns out, though I do not eat necessarily unhealthy food (well the snacks I do enjoy are the exception) my portion control is way off (what I feel is a portion of food is actually two or three or more). To top it off, I was drinking an excessive amount of soda, and my caffeine intake was through the roof.
First week of limited caffeine intake (one cup of coffee in the morning) , at first it was hell, I was dragging ass and tired all day, and the headache by mid afternoon that lasted until the evening was almost unbearable. Granted I went from 6 cups of coffee (minimum) plus several Cokes daily to one cup of coffee, so my caffeine intake was drastically cut. I am already feeling the positive effects, the dragging ass feeling has gone, the head aches have subsided, and I am actually sleeping better at night (did not help I was drinking soda right up until 8 - 9 at night).
I am already feeling the positive effects of a healthier lifestyle. Now to see what the other changes will do (monitoring my caloric/cholesterol/fat/carb intake), exercise and a positive attitude.
This is the beginning of my quest.
I always thought I ate rather healthy, until I started tracking my eating habits. Turns out, though I do not eat necessarily unhealthy food (well the snacks I do enjoy are the exception) my portion control is way off (what I feel is a portion of food is actually two or three or more). To top it off, I was drinking an excessive amount of soda, and my caffeine intake was through the roof.
First week of limited caffeine intake (one cup of coffee in the morning) , at first it was hell, I was dragging ass and tired all day, and the headache by mid afternoon that lasted until the evening was almost unbearable. Granted I went from 6 cups of coffee (minimum) plus several Cokes daily to one cup of coffee, so my caffeine intake was drastically cut. I am already feeling the positive effects, the dragging ass feeling has gone, the head aches have subsided, and I am actually sleeping better at night (did not help I was drinking soda right up until 8 - 9 at night).
I am already feeling the positive effects of a healthier lifestyle. Now to see what the other changes will do (monitoring my caloric/cholesterol/fat/carb intake), exercise and a positive attitude.
This is the beginning of my quest.
No comments:
Post a Comment